Buzludzha National park
A short way up, among the beech forest, there is a bas-relief of white stone, made to memorize the place where the Constituent Congress of BSDP was held on August 2, 1891. The monument was made by the sculptors Dimitar Daskalov, Georgi Georgiev, Ivan Kesyakov and the architects Kalin Boyadzhiev and Boris Nenkov.
A narrow mountain path leads down to the third monument dedicated to the three dead partisans from Gabrovo – Sevlievo squad. The monument was made by the sculptors Stela Raynova, Ivan Ivanov and the architect Ivan Tatarov.
All three monuments are made of white Vratsa stone, extracted from the stone quarries near the town of Mezdra. They were solemnly opened on 2 August 1961.
In 1964 ‘Buzludzha’ National Park was united with ‘Shipka’ National Park into a historical and architectural reserve – ‘Shipka-Buzludzha’ National park-museum.